Other Help Agencies
The following agencies may also be of assistance
Emergency assistance and supports for families and individuals.
Dedicated to improving the quality of life for residents of Port Colborne.
Several forms of assistance.
Helps newly arrived immigrants and refugees.
St. Catharines: 905-685-6589
Niagara Falls: 905-358-3653
Fort Erie: 905-871-364
Hannah House Maternity Home
Maternity home sheltering and supporting mothers 21 years of age and under
Bethlehem Projects of Niagara
Provides supportive, transitional and permanent housing for women, men and families, community outreach support for women who have experienced domestic violence, a community lifeskills program and Skills of Success for Women.
St. Catharines: 905-685-1349
West Niagara: 905-563-582
Community Outreach Program Erie (COPE)
Grimsby Benevolent Fund
Inter-Church Food Bank
Open Arms Mission Welland
Ontario Works - To request an application or if you have a general inquiry, call 905-641-9230
Social Assistance Offices (Ontario Works)
St. Catharines: 905-641-9960
Niagara Falls: 905-354-3561
Fort Erie: 905-354-3561
Port Colborne: 905-834-3629
Ontario Disability Support Program
Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security
Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)
Senior Community Programs
For general information on Senior Services, call Community Services at 905-984-269
Senior Community Programs includes:
- Adult Day Service: Primarily serves older adults living alone or with a family in the community who require active involvement in a group setting
- Supportive Housing: An alternative housing program that assists older adults in transition from independent living
- Respite Companion Program: Provides a quality in-home respite service for persons with dementia and their caregivers
- Client Intervention & Assistance: Provides support in stabilizing critical situations. Working together with a senior, a plan is developed that will support the individuals desire to remain independent
- Overnight Respite: Support program to caregivers offering overnight accommodation to older adults with dementia
- Niagara Gatekeepers: Educates the public on signs of risk or vulnerability of seniors, so early intervention can happen. Hotline: 905-984-0698
Child Care Systems Management
A range of community-based children’s agencies across Niagara
Supports to Children with Special Needs
Licensed Regional Child Care Services
St. Catharines: 905-684-9927
Niagara Falls: 905-356-7677
Fort Erie: 905-871-7706
Port Colborne: 905-835-0369
Providing Recreation/Cultural Opportunities (PRO-Kids)
905-984-3750 or 1-800-263-7215 ext. 3897
Financial assistance for eligible households to support children from birth to 18 in the recreation and/or cultural activity of their choice.
Niagara Region Public Health Department
Committed to proactive delivery of care through health protection, disease prevention, health promotion, and injury prevention programs.
|Main Office: 905-688-3762||Healthy Eating: 1-800-263-7248 ext.744|
|Niagara Falls: 905-356-1538||Parent Talk Info: 1-800-263-7248 ext.7512|
|Fort Erie: 905-871-6513||Tobacco Hotline: 1-800-263-7248 ext.7393|
|Health Bus Info 1-800-263-7248 ext. 7512||Travel Health Nurse: 1-800-263-7248 ext.7383|
|Prenatal Classes 905-688-8248 ext. 723||Immunization Report: 1-800-263-7248 ext.7459|
Children in Need of (Dental) Treatment (CINOT)
Children must be in urgent need of dental care. Offered to students from JK to Grade 8, and parents must have no dental insurance and dental treatment would pose financial hardship.
Bethlehem Projects of Niagara
The Bethlehem and Brighter Day Early Learning Centres welcome parents and caregivers with children from birth to age six to participate in a variety of interactive, educational and fun-filled activities.
Landlord and Tenant Board